Friday, July 15, 2005

Fast Times at the Houses

Hey kids. Sorry we haven't written in a while, but I did try. For some reason, Blogger erased my post, or it didn't get published correctly, or something. In any case, I did make a concerted effort. You'll just have to take my word for it.

I'm at work right now. (Shh...don't tell anyone. It's a secret.) ;) Man, I love this job--the people are great, I feel like my work is valuable, I feel competent--I really like it. And I'm making about twice as much money as I did at Guitar Center. God totally knows what he's doing.

The wedding plans are rolling along...if you haven't gotten an invitation yet, you should soon. Sorry about how late they are. We're kind of distracted. The biggest hitch so far has been that 3 of my groomsmen, who I was in a band with, decided that there was a gig that was more important than the wedding. Of course, they decided that on the day we were scheduled to get fitted for tuxes. (Notice I said I 'was' in a band with them.) Very nice.

To be fair, they had scheduled it a while ago and just didn't know exactly when it was (yay for the contact at the gig). But they HATED that gig when they played it last year and didn't want to do it again this year. Frankly, it's pretty flaky and weak. I'm still a little angry about it. But it's good to find out who your real friends are. I just wish it didn't have to go down like that, you know?

But I remember that I was devastated about the loss of a job just a few months ago, and I've been given one that is much, much better. God knows exactly what he's doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good that you find this out now. Traditionally Groomsmen & Bridesmaids were not just another frilly extra. In the Christian Tradition they were intended to be the people who were pledging on their HONOR to help you make your marriage a Lasting, Lifelong, committment. So after your first BIG fight you went to your groomsman & she went to her brides maid and those people ENCOURAGED you (both) to stick it out & work with one another, both for your sake and for the sake of their HONOR which was on the line if they just let you "give up".
Anyway I'm Praying that GOD will send you Groomsmen who will not only be there on the wedding day, but who will be an accountability(sp) parter throughout your life/Marriage (same thing after Aug 13th)

HK

The adventure continues... said...

It is great to get an update on your life. It turns out that Hans will not be able to make it to the wedding but the girls and I will be able to. I'm looking forward to coming home for a visit and so glad I can make it to the second most important day of your life.