Thursday, June 23, 2005

New Job pt. 2

Man, no job offers for months, and suddenly I have 3 interviews in a week. Feast or famine. Who'da thunk?

I was offered two jobs at almost the same time. One was the Comcast job I interviewed for in April. Their HR is tortoise-like, it appears. The second offer was from the first contact I made after I left Guitar Center--Erik Mortensen, who is the business manager at Group Health in Puyallup. He wanted to hire me and didn't have any positions open back in March.

So, Erik called on Friday. "Hey, I just got funding for a position and I'd like to bring you on if you're still interested," he said. We talked on Monday about exactly what the position entails and I decided to take it. Funny how God works, ain't it?

We are cared for, we are loved, and we are really grateful.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

That's great Jess, way to go! :)

The adventure continues... said...

Way to go Jesse. It always helps to have a job when you're a family man. What? Did I just say that? Okay, let me refrase...It always helps to have a source of income when you're a family man. There that's better. We are still hoping to make it to the wedding. It's in God's hands!

Kari said...

That is sooo sWEEt!!!