Monday, June 06, 2005

Life Isn't Fair

My brother is graduating on Thursday. This is a pretty big deal to me, because he's my brother, after all, and we went to the same high school. I want to go, but my job has scheduled me to work that night. And they aren't being flexible about ANYthing. Sigh.

Amy and I prayed last night about everything. Clearly, God has provided this job, and at just the right time, too. He knows what he's doing in situations like this. I just don't have any options right now. It's hard for me, because the things that are really important to me (i.e., not work) are being pushed out by this job. I realize that's the case to a certain extent with any job, but I've never had so much difficulty in the middle of it.

Well, my Father is good. He will take care of it, however he chooses. All I can do is surrender to him and trust him for the best.

It certainly doesn't seem fair, but perhaps there are better things than fairness.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Yes, you are doing the right thing Jesse. I can say from a woman's perspective that when a husband makes keeping a job priority, it makes me feel secure.

The adventure continues... said...

Did you get a new job Jesse or is it the same music store job?

Anonymous said...

Jess, I got to go to graduation, and Tony did a great job on his speech! I think his was the best! I had to go because two of my goddaughters, Leah and Brittany also graduated, and I just came back from a week in O'ahu with both of them...actually they are still there, along with Grandma, Auntie Jacki, Auntie Terri, Auntie Sandee, and Brittany. Auntie Boni, Rebekah and Tamara's house was very full! Love, Auntie Judi