Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Wedding Dress Fiasco

I haven't really had much to say lately, but I figure I can tell this story just so y'all know I haven't dropped off the face of the earth or anything.

I got a call from the gal who ordered my dress for me (Dione LaBrow, for those of you familiar with her business) that the discount company she did her ordering through had just filed for bankruptcy. She had gotten a shipping number for my dress, so she was pretty sure it was on the way. So that was good. Also, all of my bridesmaids got their dresses, so that was totally a God thing.

So the package got here yesterday. I was so stoked. I took it upstairs and opened the box. And it's the WRONG dress. Inside the box was a letter saying they were very sorry, but they couldn't meet their financial obligations so they were sending me a dress similar to the one I ordered and they gave me the phone number for Demetrios, who makes the dress I ordered.

My mom called them before she went to work this morning and they'll be shipping the dress soon. It should be here by Friday, Monday at the latest. And it's only going to cost us about $400 more, because they're selling it to us fo 50% off. So I guess I'm just back where I started, paying full price for the dress that was only supposed to cost me 60%. Oh well, at least I'll have the right dress when the day rolls around.

2 comments:

Amy Beth said...

So the question raised by this story is...anyone out there need a wedding dress? :)

Anonymous said...

Amy, it was so fun to meet you and your mom at the shower last night! And to find out I already knew your mom was really cool!! Jesse, you got yourself a good one! Looking forward to the wedding! Love, Judi