Sunday, May 14, 2006

Grapevine

For those of you who haven't heard through the grapevine yet...

Thursday morning Jesse got up to go to work (I was going to *finally* get my name legally changed so I was sleeping in), I heard him leave and then about 30 seconds later he came back in. He threw his shoes and bag, and I knew something was up.

He came into the bedroom and says, "The car is gone." In absolute shock and confusion, I asked, "The Honda?" "Yeah."

I got up and looked out the window, and sure enough. The car was not where we had parked it the night before.

So Jesse called the police, the insurance and the apartment complex. It was 7.30 and the only people he actually got ahold of were the police.

So, now, not only had our car been broken into and hit in a parking lot, it has been stolen. All within three weeks.

The Tacoma police called Puyallup saying they had found a car matching the description and plate number of ours. So they went and positively IDed it. It was ours.

The officer who has been working with us called to say that the wheels and tires were gone and the interior was "pretty well stripped". We're still not sure exactly what that means. We'll probably find out tomorrow (Monday).

So yeah... This week has been a little wierd to say the least. :-P

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I am so sorry! What a pain eh? Well, we will pray for peace in your home. Bless you guys!

Anonymous said...

Where was it found? I saw one the other day fitting that description next to my place in Tacoma. I thought it was odd and called it in to the police.

Amy Beth said...

We're not sure exactly where it was found. Just that it was found in Tacoma.